Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Tao of Diving - Pronounced Dao of Diving

Intention - This book is intended to help me fulfill my highest priority in life. TO HELP PEOPLE ENJOY THEIR LIVES MORE! Just like life and scuba diving, The Tao of Diving is intended to be funny, serious, happy, sad, helpful and at times a hindrance. This book is intended to help me and to help you navigate through the highs and lows of life(and Scuba Diving). It is also intended for in-between times. By combining the principles of the Tao Te Ching and my experiences in the scuba world, I will help you realize that all your ups and downs are be beneath the seas. - Johnny O.

How this book will work - the goal of this blog is is to present each verse of the Tao Te Ching as a separate blog entry. Each entry with a translation of the text along with a couple or three pages of interpretation based on the events of my life from the time I started diving in 2003 to today. Please feel free to make comments and suggestion. Each response will be consider and addressed appropriately. When I am done I will compile the verses for publication in the top formats at that time. The blog will remain here for you to visit any time. 

FYI... to see the newest posts from here press "Newer posts" on the bottom of the screen. Some platforms it may just be an arrow pointing left.  

Why? As I sat down to to start writing this book I was presented with a quote from one of my main inspirations, Deepak Chopra. His Facebook post told a story of how Dr Wayne Dyer had written himself this note. "Dear Wayne, don't die with your music still in you". Dr. Dyer's recent passing has urged to to start this book "The Tao of Diving. It has been an idea of mine for many years, and no is the time. I know I have a story to tell and it is the story of me. I am not anyone important. However I have lived. I am a SUPER lucky guy. Born into an amazing family. Traveled the world many times over by the time I was ten years old. Had the privilege of growing up in one of the most affluent areas in the world. Oh the things I have done and seen, he said with the biggest of grins. Today I work for an incredible outfit in Newfoundland Canada providing people with adventures that many people didn't know they could dream of. Every day I am truly blessed. You really don't know the half of it.

I believe that most people look at me and see an immensely positive person, with a lot of drive, and capability. Someone who is driven, hard working, and a positive influence on everyone I meet This is probably true ninety five percent of the time. I also believe there some, who believe I am complete narcissistic asshole! Either way despite all the opportunities that life has offered, living hasn't come as easy as it may seem. Even with all the advantages and privilege that have be bestowed on me, with all the external hard work and labor that has gone into my life. There was still a lot of hard work that was done internally. This is where the Tao Te Ching came in. Once I was exposed to the Tao Te Ching, and once I got to know and understand the text I came have a sort of remembrance. Not that I was learning anything new. Rather putting words to the thoughts and feelings I have experienced in my life time. 

Why diving? Well I am a diver. A pretty good one. Over time I have identified Scuba diving as my best opportunity to help people enjoy their lives more and mine as well.Then hopefully through a trickle down effect the idea of helping people and enjoying life will permeate from the people I encounter to their families, to their friends, to their communities, to the world. Maybe even a little full on pay it forward will kick into boot!

God I hope these stories are good!!!

P.s. - As this is my rough drafts, please help me by picking out any general editing mistakes, or by sharing your thoughts. Really that's all I am doing here. Sharing my thoughts with you. Thanks in advance!!

________________________

Feel free to follow me on Instagram @JMOproadventurer


As well on my recently updated website https://johnmolivero.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment