Thursday, December 30, 2010

The salt of the Earth and the light of the world!

Before we move forward with the 7 Habits I want to stop and take stock of what 2010 had to offer.

If you are interested I have done up a "Year In Review" album that highlights SOME of the great adventure moments from 2010.

To view click here: http://tinyurl.com/339crqv

Enjoy!!

Now to take stock....

One of the biggest quotes I heard this year was at a memorial for one of the nicest people I have ever met. A diver and uber professional eye doctor, my friend Arch's passing reminded me of what it meant to be the best. The quote "The salt of the Earth and the light of the world!" rang loud in my ears that day, and it has not left!

In 2010 I was reminded many times how the best... is simply just that and it is priceless!

For example:
  • Great times with great friends... Thanks to you all!!
  • Whale Snorkeling

    Simply amazing and words can not do it justice!!  
  • Seeing the work and results of people like my friends Simone and Chris helping kids in the Velocity Program (http://www.cyn-stjohns.nf.ca/main.php?sid=27)
The list could go on and on. If you are not your best you, I challenge you starting today to offer up the best to the world that you can. Be the salt of the Earth and the light of the world. Leave this place better than when you found it!

Happy New Years, be safe and all the BEST in 2011 to you and your families,
Johnny O.

______________________________

Feel free to Follow ProAdventurer on Twitter @ProAdventurer

As well on my Facebook fanpage Adventures with Johnny O.

No comments:

Post a Comment