Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trust Pays!!

Thanks you Seth Godin! I just read his blog for today(http://bit.ly/eiDvh4) and it got me thinking. The whole premise of his blog was that people can choose to live in a world of trust or a world without trust. It jarred me back to a book I head read a few years back, "The Speed of Trust" by Stephen M. R. Covey.

Yes the name looks familiar to the author of the 7 Habits. It's his son! The premise of "The Speed of Trust" is that in life everything works better when you have trust. For more info you can check out the book at http://speedoftrust.com/new/

Well the obvious would be to say that both the blog and the book reminded me that we are way better off to view the world with trusting eyes. It also got me thinking that all these self help books and motivational speakers have a dark side to them, and my blog is no exception. There is an assumption that you need help. Do you?

Do you really want to hear that your life is not good enough from me? That it could be better? Well I tell you what, it could be a WHOLE lot worse than it is. End of story! So from now on this blog will be dedicated to celebrating life and how great we have it. I promise that I will avoid speaking to you like I know better, or that you are in some dark whole from which you you have your head jammed up!

You are awesome... Carry on like you were normal!!

Johnny O.

P.s. - to complete my series on the 7 Habits - Habit 7 - Sharpen the saw... Google it! You just may learn something :-P

P.s.s - What a wonderful world!

__________________________________

Feel free to Follow ProAdventurer on Twitter @ProAdventurer

As well on my Facebook fanpage Adventures with Johnny O.

No comments:

Post a Comment