Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sometimes when it is darkest you can see the most - Day 7

Day 7 - Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:14 a.m. (250/215) 80 Minutes

You may be asking why am I out there in the middle of the night. Shorts answer. It was the only time to do it and fit in all my other responsibilities. I have to admit it was pretty wild. It was REAL dark. Fortunately the snow reflects back so you can always see where the path is however not necessarily what the terrain is like. You really learn a lot about the trail. If you are familiar with the path like I am you learn to rely on what you already know, and take clues from other sources. For example I was able to not go off the path at one section, because my niece had pointed that spot out to me a few days ago. I like to think it is the same in life. When life has a shroud over you(usually your the one holding it down) you rely on your instincts and familiar objects/situations to guide your way. Completing task like this really helps your self esteem. Much like it feels when you finally left that shroud up away from your face. Sorry for the late blog, see you tomorrow.

1 comment: