Thursday, February 20, 2014

My 60 Day Annapurna - Day 1

Day 1 - February 19th at 950 a.m. (256/215) 90 minutes

Hi all, I just wanted to tell you about something I am doing. I call it my 60 Day Annapurna. Recently I read a book by the world famous Alpinist Ed Veistures called "No Shortcut To The Top". In it he recounts a story and philosophy from another climber named Mourice Herzog. The gist is that inside everyone they have an Annapurna to overcome.

I have challenged myself to climb George Cove Mtn in Holyrood every day for the next 60 days. Regardless of the weather, or any obligations I may have. Actually the full trip is to walk from my house, to the mountain top and return. Today it took me 90 minutes. The ice covered path called on all the skills I had learned from Ed's book.

Why you may you ask am I doing this? Well that I will disclose at the end of the 60 days. Stay tuned for a daily blog post and updated photo from the summit.
____________________________

Feel free to follow me on Instagram @JMOproadventurer

As well on my recently updated website https://johnmolivero.com/

1 comment: