Thursday, May 8, 2014

Audible #2 - Day 11

Just like in the last challenge, I chose to call an audible, this time I totally changed it up. Instead of the usual workout I decided to join my friend Meredith for an exploratory mission across the bay in Holyrood. We donned our Wetsuits and with help from our buddy Kyle in Kayak we set out to swim from the Marine Institute dock across the bay to the beach at the end of the breakwater. If I had to guess at the distance I would put it at somewhere between 750 meters and 1 kilometer. The total trip took approx. 30 minutes.

I have to admit I thought it was going to bit of an ordeal. Freezing cold, and the distance seems sooooooooooooooo much longer from the shore. It wasn't an ordeal at all!! With the proper thermal protection I was completely warm the whole time, and when I got settled in the water I realized it was going to be ok. It was a good work out for sure and next time I think we will make it a round trip!!

Thanks again to Meredith who was a trooper(5mm for sure) and to Kyle who is a great guy to have on your side.

All the best and thanks for tuning in,
Johnny O.

P.s. - How about a few pics :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment